Instructions for Authors
métodhos welcomes original papers that meet editorial guidelines. Papers must have never been previously published or be part of an already published work.
- Papers must be written in Spanish and the length of text must range from 20 to 25 pages at maximum, including abstract, endnotes and references, in 12-point Arial font, 1.5 line spacing and one-inch (2.5 cm.) margins on all sides.
- A 200-word abstract (at most) should be included both in English and Spanish to highlight the central argument, outcomes and conclusions of the investigation.
- Below the abstract, five keywords related with the subject must be included, as well in English and Spanish.
- Papers must be signed with a pseudonym.
- Using acronyms is allowed only if the meaning was previously defined.
- Paper’s title, provided both in English and Spanish, must not exceed 15 words and it has to reflect the purpose of the investigation.
- All references must be organized according with Chicago citation style (notes and bibliography). For further information, please review the document Criterios de citación para colaboradoras y colaboradores de la revista métodhos.
- You also may take into account the guidelines below:
- Citations and transcriptions must refer to an endnote, using superscript format.
- The numbers of the footnotes will be placed after punctuation marks (periods and commas). In the cases where there is no punctuation mark, the number is to be placed just after the last word.
- References must be listed in alphabetical order (according to the author’s last name) at the end of the article.
- Please be sure there are no inconsistencies between your quoted sources and your final list of references.
- It is highly recommended to include additional references such as statistics, images, maps, among others, in hyperlink mode.
Peer Review Process
- Preliminary Review. An Editorial Board will verify every submission’s compliance with the above mentioned items and Editorial Policy. As long as that is accomplished, papers should continue to peer review process.
- Peer Review. Two specialists will review submissions under double-blind peer review. If there is a discrepancy between the two of them about whether a paper is to be publish or not, the Editorial Board could ask for a third one to come to a final decision.
Author’s rights. Authors will keep their authorship rights and métodhos will be granted the right to first publishing. It is allowed for third publishers to reproduce papers, as long as they recognize métodhos as first publisher.
Plagiarism. métodhos expresses its disavowal to plagiarism and consider it a crime. Plagiarisma.net is the software used by métodhos in order to verify paper’s originality and discard plagiarism.