Instructions for Authors
métodhos welcomes original papers that meet editorial guidelines. Papers must be original understanding that the work has not been published before (individually or as part of an already published work).
- Papers must be in Spanish. The length of text must range between 7 and 10 thousand words, including abstract, endnotes and references. Formatting must be 12-point Arial font, 1.5 line spacing and one-inch (2.5 cm.) margins on all sides.
- A 200-word abstract (at most) in both English and Spanish is mandatory. Abstracts must highlight the central argument, outcomes, and conclusions of the investigation.
- Below the abstract, five keywords related to the paper must be included. Key words must be in English and Spanish as well.
- Papers must be signed with a pseudonym.
- Acronyms are allowed only if their meaning was previously defined.
- Paper’s title, in both English and Spanish, has to reflect the purpose of the investigation and must not exceed 15 words.
- All references (notes and bibliography) must be organized according to Chicago citation style. For further information, please review: Criterios de citación para colaboradoras y colaboradores de la revista métodhos.
- You may also take into account the guidelines below:
- Citations and transcriptions must refer to an endnote, using superscript format.
- Footnotes numbers go after punctuation marks (periods and commas). In the cases where there is no punctuation mark, the number is placesd just after the last word.
- References go in alphabetical order (according to the author’s last name) at the end of the article.
- Please be sure there are no inconsistencies between your quoted sources and your final list of references.
- It is highly recommended to include additional references such as statistics, images, maps, among others, in hyperlink mode.
Peer Review Process
- Preliminary Review.An Editorial Directorate will verify every submission’s compliance with the above-mentioned items and Editorial Policy. As long as that is accomplished, papers continue to peer review process.
- Peer Review. Two specialists -specialists in the corresponding field- will review submissions under double-blind peer review. In the event that either of the two results from the peer review process determines that the paper is not publishable, and whenever there is a discrepancy from the second result, the Editorial Directorate may submit to consideration of the Editorial Committee for its approval the possibility of requesting a third opinion. This will be prepared by the reviewers previously appointed by the Editorial Committee or, where appropriate, the decision not to publish the corresponding paper.
Author’s rights. Authors will keep their authorship rights and métodhos will be granted the right to first publishing. Third publishers are allowed to reproduce papers, as long as they recognize métodhos as first publisher.
Plagiarism. métodhos expresses its disavowal to plagiarism and consider it a crime. Plagiarisma.net is the software used by métodhos in order to verify paper’s originality and discard plagiarism.